Denial is A B###h…. Really?

Reality in Consciousness…

We’ve all heard this catchy phrase before that “Denial is a B###h!” Well it’s true isn’t it, but what does Denial really mean here in the context for healing?
As Appealing as the phrase may sound to you, a form of Denial that can lead to destructive habits have landed a space within enlightenment inside of my book titled, “The Traditional Modalities for Healing”.  In Chapter 2 in my book, you’ll simply discover in the reading how it’s one thing to live your life at your own will regardless of the stored, unresolved issues within self. Yet in contrast, I draw “the line” when we as a collective unit, pass those atrocities down for the children to fester and then decipher this confusion for you. The children suffer the most in these situations when their guardians have not taken the time to heal from their past transgressions. 
Let’s say for instance, a guardian/parent has a problem with abusing alcohol.  Their offspring are “4 times more likely than the general population to develop alcohol problems.” Although, we can’t just look at the surface of these things as of such basic probabilities.  We look a bit deeper to understand why this person is struggling in this area in the first place with alcohol abuse.  One could say that alcohol abuse is passed down from generation –to- generation, but this form of reasoning cannot lead us to the root caused issue.  There will always be a cause to the effect whether you believe it or not.  While an overconsumption of alcohol is a mask to cover what one must think cannot be revealed outside of themselves. Just as likewise, the very same issue that parent/guardian are facing will be introduced to their children.  The root caused issue remains in the form of abuseneglect, and/or pain.
So, instead of us identifying those “family matters”, it’s easier to drift in life living in Denial about them.  In my book, Chapter 2 I wrote that “I personally know very well from experience what it’s like to participate in a collective state of Denial, and expressing attributes of guilt because of it.”  I was sexually abused as a child, because the person who had abused me was sexually abused as a child as well.  The thing is, the person who had sexually abused him was also sexually abused as a child, and since we’ve failed to have this conversation with one another in healing, but while instead hid it from one another, it had continued to occur and grow from generation-to-generation.  I had worn a mask for years, stuffed in denial with drugs and alcohol.  I’m obliviously no longer silenced by it, and as a matter of fact, I hope that you can learn from these situations also. As you the reader are interpreting what stems from my heart/soul!  
Yes, “Denial is a B###h, but I’ll be damn if I hide who I am as a SURVIVOR today, because one day soon my husband and I will have children who aren’t disturbed by their parent/guardian negations in life.  I leave you with another quote from my book “The Traditional Modalities for Healing” here-à” Do not let Denial be a part of you. Bring it into the Reality of “knowing”, and Live above it in wisdom through consciousness.”  

Be well & Heal in Peace… Peace!
~Written by: Reality S.J 

Stay Tuned in to Reality…….Click Links Below!
Source: Embracing the Journeyby: Nancy W.

~IG


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular posts from this blog

“Today I Accept Where I Am in My Journey | Affirmations | for a Sexual Abuse Survivors |Pt26

Shopping for Quality ESSENTIAL OILS | the HOLISTIC HEALTH View

“I Am Perfect Just as I Am” | Affirmations | for a Sexual Abuse Survivor | Pt 39